The Doo Cot     BackHomeNext

The Doo cot

2. The Doo Cot (Dove Cot) built in 1747 to a design by Roger Morris stands on the banks of the river Aray about one mile north of the castle. One of the few in Argyll and a rarity in the Highlands due to the lack of corn for feeding the young birds. It was used by Neil Munro in his historical novel "The New Road".